About The Author
Described as having "great tone" by award-winning flutist William Bennett, John Bell has only been playing flute for four years but has already been a part of several honorary ensembles, includng the Minnesota All-State Band, the Concordia College Band, the Concordia Orchestra, as well as being invited to be play with various pit orchestras from around his area.
His most recent venture was his international tour to China where he performed as principal flutist with the Concordia Band.
Currently, John plays as the principal flutist of the Concordia Orchestra.
John is currently pursing a degree in Music Theory and Composition from Concordia College, and is scheduled to graduate in 2015. After graduating, John hopes to continue his studies in music theory and eventually teach at the college level.
To read more about John as well as listen to a few recordings of his playing, please visit his personal website at:
Previously, John has studied with:
- Doug Bakkum, Director of Bands at Andover High School
- Melanie Kjellberg, Director of Choirs at Andover High School
- Scott Jones, PhD, Former Director of Bands at Concordia College
Currently, John is studying with:
- Foster Beyers, Director of Orchestras at Concordia College
- Debora Harris, Professor of Flute at Concordia College
- Paul Hindemith, DMA, Professor of Voice at Concordia College